Saturday, September 19, 2009

I See You In Colors



I am pretending you did not exist.
Ink nightly washes black
over my consciousness
and abandons me as morning seaweed
upon a foreign beach.

I am pretending we were simply
the sparkling imagination of some higher being,
our life together set below a singular epic sky
unrepeated
in future histories.

I am pretending I cannot taste you
each day as I do the sea air in my breath
when I am running,
my heart tied upon one foot,
ancient melancholy tied upon the other,
anxiously racing,
madly racing through lifetimes,
to find our brightened souls.

I see you in colors that don't exist.

It is all that I see clearly.
and why I run.



Copyright (c) 2009 Paul Matsumoto. All Rights Reserved.
Photo Source

8 comments:

hidden hermit said...

amazing

Monkey Business said...

Beautiful~

Monkey Business said...

<3~

my o my ~ banana's said...

Is there a link to where I can listen to this song? I tried many sites, and to no avail.

Sarah said...

All of your poetry is breathtaking.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
merakime said...

Nothing has ever stung like those last three lines when I caught a glimpse of exactly what they stand for.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that this poem got me through one of the roughest times in my life. Thank you.